From Sunday 16th August, the Eucharist is being celebrated at Croydon Minster at 1000am on Sundays and 1100 on Wednesdays. The church building is open for ½ hour before services and closes at the end of services when the congregation is asked to disperse swiftly.
The measures in place at the Minster follow our risk assessment which is consistent with Government and Church of England guidance. We hope everyone coming to the church will feel welcome, comfortable and safe, which does mean church won’t feel ‘normal’ for the time being.
Please arrive in good time so that there is not congestion at the church door and social distancing and hand sanitising can be observed. The Government has issued an instruction that everyone must now wear a face mask in places of worship effective from 8th August.
- As per the latest Government guidelines, you will be required on arrival to sanitise your hands; and to provide your name and a contact number to the stewards. This information will be stored securely and used only if required by the Government’s Covid-19 tracking scheme.
- Please follow the directions of the stewards at all times.
- Service sheets will not be provided but you can download here the Order for the Eucharist which contains the key texts we use (these are the texts we habitually use so will be known to many)
- Until further notice all celebrations of the Eucharist will take place in the nave;
- There will be designated seating in place for purposes of social distancing. You are asked to follow the directions of stewards at all times – and we are asking people to fill in from the front of the church for logistical reasons;
- Those people in a ‘household’ or ‘bubble’ may sit together in a group but only if they arrive together;
- Individuals attending will be seated with 2 metre social distance.
Numbers at services
- For the time being the maximum number of people permitted at any public service will be sixty;
- So as to spread out numbers of attendees across both days of the week please consider coming to the Eucharist on Wednesdays instead of Sundays if at all possible.
- Children are most welcome at all services. They must remain with supervising adults;
- Unfortunately the children’s corner is temporarily out of use, and you may wish to bring activities for small children.
- Holy Communion will be distributed in one kind only, into the hand, in silence;
- You are asked to remain in your place and kneel or stand to receive; the Sacrament will be brought to you.
Collections & Giving
- We are asked to discourage cash donations. You are encouraged to make contactless donations on the card reader or direct to the church by Standing Order or transfer: you can download forms to do that here;
- Offertory donations should be placed on the collection plate;
- Until further notice we will not share the sign of peace at the Eucharist;
- At the moment congregational singing is not permitted. At some celebrations of the Eucharist music will be provided by the organist;
- Refreshments will not be served after the Eucharist;
- For the time being toilet facilities are not available except if urgent.
We want as many people as possible to be included in our celebrations of the Eucharist and we will continue live-streaming on the Minster Facebook page here and services will also be posted on the Minster YouTube channel here.
Please do not attend public worship if you or a member of your household display signs of Covid-19
- a new and continuous cough,
- high temperature
- loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell.
Anyone showing symptoms of Covid-19, should self-isolate at home immediately with other members of their household and order a test via the NHS Test and Trace Service.