Friends of Music
The Right Reverend Jonathan Clark, Bishop of Croydon
Martin How MBE, Organist Laureate
Friends of Music at Croydon Minster was founded in 2008 to support the work of the music department. Each year, the Friends promote a series of special services and concerts and take a particular interest in the educational needs of the boy and girl choristers.
Donors are offered ticket discounts to concerts sung by the Minster Choirs and are invited to pre-concert talks and receptions. The subscription is not fixed but Friends are asked to pay an annual sum of whatever amount they feel able to contribute. Please consider becoming a Friend and help to sustain and develop the musical life of the Minster – donations are welcome at any time.
- Support and encourage musical activities at Croydon Minster
- Encourage high standards in choral and organ music
- Extend musical outreach by promoting concerts, recitals and special services
- Raise money to extend and enhance the musical tradition at Croydon Minster
- Vocal training of choristers
- Bursaries for choral and organ scholars
- Promotion of choir tours – home and abroad
- Arranging recordings of the choirs and organ
Benefits to becoming a ‘Friend’:
- Prior notification of all Minster concerts
- Priority seating at Minster concerts
- Discounted concert tickets
- Regular newsletters
- Name in concert programmes (optional)
- Invitations to social events and rehearsals
- Opportunity to support the music education of dozens of young people in the middle of Croydon!