The Minster copy of ‘Safe Church’ The Diocesan Guidelines for Safeguarding is available for anyone to view and it can be found in the Vestry/Denise’s Office on the shelf behind her desk. Please ask one of the churchwardens or Denise (the Verger/Parish Administrator/Safeguarding Officer) if you would like to see it. Denise Mead is our Parish Safeguarding Officer, assisted by Tiffany Willmer.
The St George’s copy is kept in the bookcase in St George’s Church, again please ask one of the churchwardens if you would like to see it. Christine Crawley is the St George’s Parish Safeguarding officer.
Below are details on where to get help with child and adult safeguarding issues (key national helplines):
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours).
Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours).
Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 0808 808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9-5pm).
Southwark Diocese safeguarding contacts:
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser:
Kate Singleton 020 7939 9423 Mobile 07982 279713 (for urgent matters out of hours)
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Advisers:
Marie Daly 020 7939 9441 Mobile 07946 255295
Louise Vernon 020 7939 9462 Mobile 07946 255622
The current edition of A Safe Church is here – https://www.southwark.anglican.org/safeguarding/diocesan-policies-and-procedures.